Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropping to standardized size

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm just trying to crop to a standard size crop window so I can apply the same size to many picutres. When I try to use the W x H x Resolution feature to do so I have an issue. I set resolution to 72px/in and enter a width and height. But for some reason adjusting either the width field or the height field only seems to change the width dimension. Even weirder is that when I make the heigth a smaller value it makes the width appear larger (but without changing the actual value typed into the width field). 

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here or have suggestions to fix it? (Using PS 2020 in Windows).

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To crop to a standard size you need to crop the document to the proper aspect ratio then set the resolution so the Document will print that standard size.  I create two Plug-in scripts to be used in actions to do what you want to do. 

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.
Contains

Example
Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines