• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 3 will not install with snow leopard on a mac pro

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why that is.  Have the CS3 disc.  Old mac pro running snow leopard.  It DID WORK last year.  Had to reinstall snow leopard due to some glitch and now CS3 won't install.  AE CS4 works.  Final Cut Studio 6 works.  Just now CS3 (also flash encoder CS4 but I'm not using them anyway).

Yes, the softwear is old.  So am I.  I still work.  Just want CS3 to work, too...

All thoughts appreciated.

Thank You!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

CS3's activation servers were taken offline. For a time they did offer a replacement non-activation copy with a new serial number, but that offer expired. Basically it can't be installed anymore. There is talk that CS4's activation servers are offline as well, so don't reinstall it. Adobe doesn't support the old software and that included maintaining the ageing servers used to activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3's activation servers were taken offline. For a time they did offer a replacement non-activation copy with a new serial number, but that offer expired. Basically it can't be installed anymore. There is talk that CS4's activation servers are offline as well, so don't reinstall it. Adobe doesn't support the old software and that included maintaining the ageing servers used to activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I take it your answer is no.  Why is it necessary to be online when installing my CS3 disc?  Logic dictates all the information for the install is on the disc, not the internet.  I can only guess that Adobe wants to see if you are trying to do something they don't want you to do.

I'm confident someone, somewhere has figured out how to install a bought-and-paid-for copy without going through the internet...  Or how to delete hidden zeros and ones on the disc to deny entry...

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a remedy to bootlegging and pirating which was a problem.

Long time ago people preferred to pirate Ps by passing it around with the serial numbers. Starting with CS, online activation during install was introduced allowing a max of two installs for each serial number. There was a offline method, but it involved calling support using a challenge system, now long gone. The point was to verify you indeed had a license to use the software and to limit installs so the same number wasn't being used on 1000 computers. If successful it wrote a confirmation to your HDD so you would not need to keep doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does that mean I can load my copies of ps 6.5 and/or 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If  you have a Motorola G-series Mac and a compatible Mac OS to run it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines