• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS-5 recovery failure

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to upgrade my computer after many years.  I have a valid CS-5 license, which shows valid on my Adobe account on your portal.  On the portal, under the list of my products, Photoshop Extended is shown, with the valid code.  The window also allows you to re-download the code.  I did that.  When I start the program, it comes up with a window that asks me to enter the license code, or to continue with the software as a trial for 30 days (now 27).  When I enter the code, it opens an Adobe internet site which tells me my software "is not genuine".  I called the Adobe help desk, and was basicilly run around and told that my only solution is to buy a $9.95 per month license.  I don't want that.  I want the orginal software I paid for.  Why can I not use the valid key I have which comes from my account information in the Adobe system!!  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask support to reset your activations. 

They can deactivate serial numbers but they can't assist with activation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, I do not understand your response, as you say they should reset my activations but then say they cannot assist with activation.  When talking to the help desk, I pretty much got the impression they are being told "don't help, just sell subscriptions."  Can they actually reset the activation?  They did not volunteer that info at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They cannot help activate but they can deactivate so your license key will then work when trying to activate. You have to be specific when asking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines