• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 6 - Cannot copy a group into another document

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to copy a group of layers into another (opened) document. Now, that I installed Photoshop CS 6 (Windows 10), the same function doesn't work properly anymore. When I try to copy the same group as I used for years, the other document in photoshop cannot be found. I only can be copied it into a new document (but not an existing).
After searching for the "broken" layer, which causes this problem, I stumbled onto a "color lookup"-layer. When I delete this layer, I can copy the group into another document as I used to do before. If I leave this layer, or create new the same layer, it doesn't work. This seems to be a bug in photoshop with windows 10 (with windows 7 I didn't have this problem). How can I solve this?

The Error Message (in germany): "Der Vorgang konnte nicht ausgeführt werden, weil eine Einstellungs- oder Füllebene nicht in den Modus des Zieldokuments konvertiert werden kann".

(This means something like "...one layer cannot be converted into the mode of the new document...)
The color modes are the same though.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied all the photoshop cs6 updates by going to Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6?

Specifically you need the 13.0.1.3 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all updates have been installed yet. The problem is, I can't get 13.01.3. Even the hotline of adobe told me, there is no available update higher than 13.0. I tried to install CS6 with  cloud and not from disc, but still there's no update higher than 13.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not seem to have any problem like that with CS6 on Windows 10. However, my CS6 has been updated the creative cloud CS6 version 13.1.2.  I can drag layers and drag Groups from one document and drop then on a new or an old open document in Photoshop CS6 version 13.1.2.

There is very just a little difference between CS6 13.0.1.3 and CS6 13.1.2.  CS5 plug-in that work in 13.0.1.3 like Web Photo gallery do not  work in 13.1.2 So Plug-in support was changed and a minor Scripting bug I reported has been fixed in 13.1.2 that is still in CS6 13.0.1.3.  I know of no other differences.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying a group as you showed still works - only if I want to copy a group, where a "color-Lookup"-Layer is included causes the problem. I will try to get an update to 13.1, and if it doesn't work, I unfortunately need to re-create the group without the color lookup. That really seems to be a bug with my current system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thanks for trying to help :-)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Did you try dragging from the document? (Right+CMD/Ctrl click to target the good adjustment) then drag to the other document?

Or, in the layers panel, a right-click on the name of the layer, select Duplicate Layer... and then point to the other document.

If the function is not in the contextual of the layers panel, go to the Layers menu, and select that option.

Another thing, does both document have the same bit depth/color mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, re-reading your post, I think that my last suggestion is the good one: different color mode...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are both documents the same color mode and bit depth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both documents have the same color mode (that's what I have checked first, after I got the error message). My second idea is, that maybe the instalaltion folders are different, and the path of the old color-lookup-layer is different. But when I create a new layer with a color-lookup, I've got the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! The update finally fixed the bug!

Why can't adobe include this update in the cloud? My cloud told me there are no more updates. And when I tried to call adobe, they always told me that 13.0 was the very last update for CS6. And of course, no one wanted to tell me the download-link you gave me.
Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines