• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS-6 New computer: can't find paper profiles, no print dialog box

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just moved everything over to a new computer. Perfect. No issues until I went to print:

1) Printer Profile dropdown shows none of my papers

2) Print Settings opens to a basic dialog box, not the advanced one

Help, please.

Thank you,

Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those profiles are normally installed with your printers software installers when you install your printer device drivers on you computer.  The drivers install some paper/ink profiles. Also when you buy photo paper some paper manufactures have profiles for different printers you can install into your system. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, JJMack. It looks like my list of paper profiles didn't make the jump to my (awesome, speedy) new computer. But I'm also wondering why the Print Settings dialog box opens like that of a basic multi-function printer, not the advanced box for my Epson P-600 printer ...

Take care. Be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows or macOS?

For example, on macOS, there’s more than one version of the print software, so it’s very possible to see a Print dialog box with basic options instead of advanced options. The basic options might be provided by the simple Apple AirPrint driver for a printer, and to get all advanced options and profiles you would need to go to the Epson web site and download and run their printer driver installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gentlemen, I owe ya, for wasting your time and your talent on an idiot. Yes, we here did an excellent job of moving everything from the old to the new computer. Everything. Including the printer. But, uh ... didn't that include the printer's drivers? No? Oh.

I just downloaded the drivers. And ... damn! Everything's there. printer dialog, paper profiles. All of it. On my Windows 10. (Thanks, Conrad.)

What can I say? I'll try not to do it again. But can't promise anything.

Regards,

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines