• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS2 activation

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

customer service advised me to post here with my question. It has been asked, but IO don't see an answer

I have CS2,works like a charm and does everything that I need to do.

My laptop is dying, and I am trying to activate the program on my new laptop. (Install went fine from disks).

There was a link to a site to get a serial number, but I don't think the answer was there (could not find it). Please help as I a retired and cannot afford the CC applications

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

You will have to go back to Customer Service, as they are the only ones that can help you since the CS2 page was taken down: Contact Customer Care

Customer Care Click Here.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to go back to Customer Service, as they are the only ones that can help you since the CS2 page was taken down: Contact Customer Care

Customer Care Click Here.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just went to to Adobe support and they told me to go here to. Seems pretty stupid that they can't help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first will be great to be nice. no one is stuoid....we are trying to answer. 

CS2 is a pretty old version and Adobe do not support some of the old version anymore....Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html They can login to your system.

I am sure they not supporting CS2 anymore....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Adobe got rid of the link with the info to get the replacement serial number. That's odd that the help desk referred you to the forums, as I believe that you're suppose to contact them now to activate older versions of Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Will follow up with them

Shari Adkisson  aka NM Creatrix aka Wyld Womyn Nrrd

[weblink removed by moderator]

Work Like You Don't Need the Money, Dance Like No One Is Looking and Love Like You Have Never Been Hurt!

On Thursday, June 13, 2019, 1:01:31 PM MDT, Chuck Uebele <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

CS2 activation

created by Chuck Uebele in Photoshop - View the full discussion

It looks like Adobe got rid of the link with the info to get the replacement serial number. That's odd that the help desk referred you to the forums, as I believe that you're suppose to contact them now to activate older versions of Adobe products.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11121208#11121208 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11121208#11121208

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone succeeded in installing CS2 in 2020? Adobe is offering NO help with activation codes in spite of that fact that I have legal, purchased discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 can no longer be activated, the activation servers have been shut down. There was a non-activation version available for a limited period but that is no longer available.

Not the answer you want, but that is the current position.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so my software is officially garbage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ms38660931 wrote:

so my software is officially garbage!

CS2 will still work with the original setup: both hardware and OS. It won't work on new operating systems and can no longer be reinstalled, as the activation servers were shut down several years ago. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I do with my copy of CS2?  My system crashed and installed.  I had the s/n from the box - but then it says I have to activate it by phone.  There is NO phone number any longer that allows me to do that.

it is just garbage now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE the s/n.  doesn't seem to matter.  they want you to activate it by phone but there is no phone number that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but CS2 is dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

sadly the CS2 activatioin servers were shut off long ago. 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe had the non-activation version available on their site as recently as Dec 2019. I just tried to get help from them on Chat, as I had to replace my hard drive last month, and they blew me off. I use Photoshop a lot for personal stuff, and I never felt a need to upgrade because CS2 had more features than I knew what to do with. I would have been happy with it for as long as I had an operating system that would support it. So I expected to have a lot of years left to use it. Pretty nasty of Adobe, when you think of it, as they say you can use the program as long as you want, even after they stop supporting it. Instead, they've made it so that you can only use it until your hard drive blows or you need to buy a new computer. If they didn't want to keep the servers going, they could have written a patch that would bypass activation without disabling the program. It makes me sick. Will probably end up going with some other program--one you can still buy and not rent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @maryv0806 ,

You might look at Photoshop Elements. When I went to get the link, I saw they are having a Black Friday sales, so it's $59.99 instead of $99.99 right now. All the same, get the free trial first to make sure it installs if you have old hardware and an old OS that would run CS2, then jump on the Black Friday sale.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,
I went ahead and purchased Photoshop Elements without the trial--my computer runs well on Windows 10 and can handle pretty much anything thrown at it. I stayed on Photoshop CS2 because I didn't need any more functionality than it contained--it had zillions more features than I could ever learn or need in a lifetime. So I just wanted to be able to use what I already had, rather than spend any more money on features I don't need. It's a shame that Adobe couldn't have kept the installer and the generic activation code online for those of us who bought CS2. The only time we'd need to use it would be if we bought a new computer or if our hard drives failed. In my case, it was the latter. CS2 was working great, but I had to change the hard drive and only then discovered I needed to reinstall it. By the time I needed the installer it was gone. I guess the customers who squeaked in under the wire were lucky that their hard drives failed a year ago when the installer was still available.
Thank you,
Mary (name removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Mary, and I think you'll be happy with Photoshop Elements. Here is the forum for Elements in case you have any questions at all:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/bd-p/photoshop-elements

and here are the FAQs:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/faq.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that info, Jane. I'll screen capture it and save it in my Documents folder, just in case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane--would you kindly delete my name from the above comment? I replied from an e-mail that I thought was sent to me by Adobe Customer Service, just after having finished speaking with their Customer Service rep on Chat. I thought the e-mail I was replying to was from them, so I signed it with my full name. I didn't know that it was an e-mail notification of a post from this forum, and I don't want my name on the page. Can you help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've edited your post as you requested

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Dave. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines