• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cs3 crashes 2 seconds after startup

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If have an old version CS3 license (don't need more with my occasional use) and installed that on my new PC (using the old and new license keys previously obtained in the special procedure after the authentication servers were deactivated). The full installation and key entry works fine, but when I then start up photoshop normally, it crashes without error message after 2 seconds. So it shows the normal startup screen and pop-up, opens up the blank screen with all the menu's, and then exits without warning after approx 2 seconds.

Anyone experiencing this as well? Any solution?

thanks,

Willem

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Fixed

I open de folder where photoshop was installed, then right-clicked on the photoshop icon, and then opened the compatibility tab. In the tab I changed the setting so high DPi scaling is done by the system, not the application. Now it works. It is stable and also the menu's are shown in a readable size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willen, 

Sorry that Photoshop CS3 is crashing on your new computer while starting the app. As you've mentioned that you've installed it on a new computer, it means that the computer must be running latest operating system and using modern hardware. Photoshop CS3 has never been tested in this environment and we cannot diagnose, troubleshoot the issue in that case.

System requirements for Photoshop CS3 are:

WINDOWS
Pentium 4, Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon, or Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor
Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (certified for 32-bit editions)
512 MB of RAM
64 MB of video RAM
1 GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
1,024 x 768 monitor resolution with 16-bit graphics adapter

MAC OS
PowerPC G4 or G5 or multicore Intel processor
Mac OS X v10.4.8-10.5 (Leopard)
512 MB of RAM
64 MB of video RAM
2 GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
1,024 x 768 monitor resolution with 16-bit graphics adapter
DVD-ROM drive