• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 Photoshop in Win 10: Hangs right after open it

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even cannot turn it off without task manager.

On task manager its status is Not responding.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried resetting Photoshop preferenecs

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KakaoTalk_20190116_173146932.jpg

Nothing comes out after I pressed and hold Alt+Ctrl+Shift right after I press icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You need to press and hold Alt+Ctrl+Shift first before clicking on the icon to launch Photoshop, you may need to try it a couple of times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for helps but It's same..

I pressed & holded Alt+Ctrl+Shift and clicked photoshop several times, but same things happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch the video here it will show you how to manually delete the preference file

Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS3 is an very old program and not official released for Windows 10.

It can be worked or not. Or it worked until the next update.

Does Photoshop has been worked for you? What has been changed on your system before the error occured?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed at my new lap top.

It worked perfectly normal at my previous computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system was installed on your previous computer?

As I wrote before Photoshop CS3 isn't official released for Windows 10. I think you have to get the actual version of PS, but it's only get as a subscriber version.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. I have it working on a Windows 10 desktop machine and I installed the same thing on a new Windows 10 laptop and it hangs at startup. Tried admin mode and compatibility modes but no just hangs. Perfectly happy with the product so we don't want to spend the money on a newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Windows version do you use on your desktop and which on the new laptop?

Please post the exact version.

How was Windows 10 installed on your desktop? Update from a previous version (like Win 7) or a clean reinstallation?

Remember CS3 is very old and it isn't compatible with new operating systems!! 

In addition, the activation servers for CS3 products were shutdown some time ago. So you can install it but you can't activate the program.

Sorry, but CS3 is dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 on the laptop.

Both installed from scratch (no upgrades).

Latest build on both systems, 19041.508 2004.

The new machine is a high DPI laptop, so I suspect that has something to do with it, but I've tried all the compatibility settings and DPI compatibility settings to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have read my last paragraph?

CS3 is dead and the activation servers for CS3 products were shutdown.

You can't never activate CS3 products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were given a special version by Adobe that does not require activation so that should not be an issue. CS3 is a perfectly good product for us so is not "dead" as you say. It does everything it needs to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree.  I too was given a special version called CS 3 Extended that didn't require activation.  I have the same problem as described above.   CS 3 Extended applications work great on my old Windows 10 laptop, but reinstalling the software on my new windows laptop Photoshop will start but hang up and never fully start to where it can be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've noticed that my working version of Photoshop CS3 Extended .exe file on my old laptop has a file attribute of A.  The file attributes of the Photoshop CS3 Extended .exe file on my new laptop, which just hangs up when it opens, has file attribute AI.  I found that the file attribute "I" means "Not content indexed"  Perhaps if we know how to get the file content indexed Photoshop would run. I tried removing the "I" attribute from the file with attrib -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Photoshop.exe" at a command prompt.  That did remove the "I" attribute but didn't make Photoshop run when I tried it again.

Anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

this is a peer to peer user forum so we cannot provide official Adobe info on policy. But CS3 is a long discontinued unsupported product. Sadly you'll need up to date Creative Suite software. Frustrating I know. 

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the discs for my licensed version fo CS 3 and it was working fine on my old computer.  Adobe made me uninstall it and provided me with the CS 3 Extended that doesn't require a license server.  Like I said before CS 3 Extended worked fine and still works fine on my old Windows 10 laptop.  We need some more help here from Adobe to solve our installation problem on our new laptops that also run Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines