• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Crashing and Reverting to Old Versions of Files

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, all. Apologies if this has been covered, but I am not sure exactly how to search for this problem. I recently had to update my OS to Yosemite(I know, not much of an update) for new tablet support, and since then, CS5(12.0.4) will randomly crash pretty often while I'm working. It's hard to pinpoint what triggers it, but the last time it happened I had the Color Picker dialog box open, attempting to sample a color.

This wouldn't be a huge issue, since I'm used to general bugginess using such an old computer/OS, but files I had open will revert to whatever state they were in before the last time I opened the program, even though I constantly save after changing anything. I had a few hi-res scans I had touched up and formatted, but once I reopened the program, they were back to the original raw scans.  If anyone has any ideas what's going on, I'd appreciate some help. I'm losing hours of work sometimes, going crazy over here and can't necessarily afford to pour the resources into a new computer and CC subscription. Thanks for reading.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reset the photoshop cs5 preferences by going to your User Library>Preferences (/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences) and trashing the following:

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings folder

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Paths

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

Prior to trashing any files move any saved Workspaces from the Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings folder

so you can copy them to the new Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings folder that is created after starting photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff. I'll give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines