Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 install on new Mac

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

i bought the Adobe CS5 in december 2010 and installed it on my mac. Now 10 years later I finally bought a new Mac. 

The one million dollar question is, as CS5 doesn't exist any longer, how can I install Adobe on my new Mac? 

Can i reuse my serial number of will adobe oblige me to buy new apps? 

thanks in advance for your helpful reactions. 

kind regards

Sara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't work if it's a new Mac with the Catalina OS.

Catalina cut support for 32-bit apps, and CS5 has many 32-bit components. It can't be installed.

No, don't blame Adobe, blame Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Showing my age as well, I have CS4 and a year ago added Lightroom. I'm able to use my version this way, but it doesn't work quite the same. We got our new Mac about 18 months ago and Photoshop is the only app that hasn't updated CS4 to 64 bit. CS4 works well for my uses and I don't use Lightroom at all, finding Photoshop to be much more powerful but this was apparently the only way to contimue to use what I know. Photography isn't my life but I enjoy editing my images for Instagram or sharing them with family and friends. Pooh on Adobe for refusing to support the older versions. We do have the latest OS update for our Mac and every other app works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This latest OS update, Mary - what version (like 10.11.12) do you see in About This Mac under the Apple menu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines