CS5 Photoshop crashes on print and other weird problems (High Sierra 10.3.3)

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if my very old Photoshop (CS5) can be made to work with MacBook Pro (2016) and High Sierra 10.3.3). I now tried printing for the first time, and it does open the printing screen with options, but if I touch "preferences" Photoshop will crash.

A second problem: Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop end in a weird way, so that even if I close them normally, they always give the error message that the program stopped working unexpectedly.

Otherwise, they have been working okay, and since I do not use them much professionally, I'd like to keep my old software rather than upgrade to the monthly paying model that seems to be the only option nowadays. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

I did try the updates for all Adobe programs; some of them were installed, I think, but with others there were problems. Could it be the thing about the Mac gatekeeper?

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AAM should be updated and that doesn't need any special permissions.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Then try Help > Updates  to get CS5 from the base 12.0.0 to 12.0.4 which is to fix print bugs.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. Part one went well, but on installing, I got the following error message regarding most of the Adobe products:

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does updating from to 10.13.4 help? It was just recently released.

Also see this: Adobe Application Manager Trying to Update itself gives Error Code: U43M1D207

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I just solved this problem myself in Adobe CS5 in macOS High Sierra by simply pressing Command-I on the Photoshop app itself to Get Info, and checked the box to run program in 32-bit mode mode.  It worked like a charm!  Now it works with both of my printers without crashing.  A simple and elegant solution if there ever was one!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooo much Karen!!! It works great!!!

(I had been trying to fix this issue for years... until I read your solution!)

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines