• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 trial issues with ram and content aware issues.

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a vista 32 machine with 4 gigs.  I have tried just about everything including running the machine in minmum and loading only windows and adobe CS5.  I still get the error of "Could not fill because there is not enough memory (RAM)".  I have tried playing with the performce settings and GL settings to give adobe as much memory as it needed but it is still not working.

I am working with a file that is 6.49mb which is the average of what my raw file convert to when I download them from my camera.  Now the only way I can get it to work is seriously downgrade the file in size and then the content aware fill works great or decrease the area that is going to be filled.

So am I missing something or do I have to convert everything over to 64 bit and throw 8 gigs in this machine to get this to work with those tyoe of file sizes?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shouold also run spell check and format my text before posting

Guess we are all prone to error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SimDC,

Yes.  1GB RAM here.

So that covers the entire range.

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John,

the mystery is still unsolved ...

unless you really had not enough memory 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious as to what the status is to the RAM issue. I understand that the software engineers have been involved in intensive troubleshooting, to which I must tip my hat to them, keep up the great job guys. I am wondering if a patch has been released or if troubleshooting still continues? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit there have been no Out of RAM issues with content-aware features. I'll check on my XL system for improvements on upcoming C35 upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the same issue, and I have the fully paid software. I have just downloaded the latest update 12.0.1 but to no avail. I don't know what they fixed, but it wasn't this one.

Very disappointing really, as this feature was a major influencing factor to my purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is no patch for this problem.

A friend, new user, is in the same situation.

But I use a turn around : I have deleted my paid CS5 and I use CS3 again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

It looks like the "out of RAM" issues are misleading errors from a bug in the content aware fill code.

The CAF engineers are working on it now.

The above post was written on May 8th. Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 12.0.1 update improved things quite a bit, and has been available for about 6 weeks now.

But the CAF team is still working on improving their implementation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, engineers think Content Aware issues, users think Engineer Aaware issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me if I'm wrong, Chris, but wasn't Content Aware Fill a college project or something that Adobe bought and shoehorned into Photoshop?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch!

Shoehorned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're software engineers.  Chris'll know what I mean. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HW engineere know that one too.

And a few dozen others that we would rather not make public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know all too well what he means.

And he's close to right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after weeks of frustration and tweeking every setting I can, I have gotten CAF to work on fairly large areas.  What seems to have helped is moving the Adobe scratch files off the same physical drive as the C drive.  It likes my RAID 5 disk better than my D drive which is physically on the same drive as C.  I have turned off Open GL and set the History levels to 10 and Cashe to the Big and Flat defaults.  Memory is set to 70% of my 4GB of RAM.  Adobe support said that sometimes on 32 bit systems that using less memory works better than more.  I have a Gforce 8800 Gtx NVidia card with 750MB of VRAM.  I have yet to see anyone with this problem say they had an ATI card.  All my software and drivers are up-to-date.  My files are 5616 x 3744 pixels and in TIFF they are about 145 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had inital problems as well, but I had an nVidia 7300, and ran CS5 on XP. Sifting to a 9500 and Win7 64 seemed to be the ticket. I think it was Win7 over the card, as the 7300 did quite well there, but since the 9500 was dirt cheap (relativistically speaking!) I went ahead anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close but no ceegar?

I hoe shoehorn is not as bad as kludge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

I ho

e shoehorn is not as bad as kludge!

It's not.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hoe. That's from a song:

I hoe

I hoe

It's home from work we go.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

It's now been several months since this problem was first reported.

Although to date, there have been a few updates, none as yet have addressed this rather serious problem.

Any update/time frame for a solution please. I have a large number of panorama photographs in desperate need of content aware fill. A principal reason for purchasing CS5.

Kind regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2010 Dec 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from 32 bit Vista to 64 bit Windows 7, Contact Aware Fill works amazingly better.  NO OTHER HARDWARE or software changes needed, just the Windows 7 upgrade was needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2010 Dec 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment.

I am aware that this problem seems to affect mainly 32 bit systems.

Unfortunately, some/many of my 70 odd programmes, would not be happy running on a 64 bit system.

So, as Adobe sold the programme to be operational on both systems, and after several months of knowing about the problem, they should have fixed it by now.

Kind regards,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imschris1 wrote:

some/many of my 70 odd programmes, would not be happy running on a 64 bit system.

Which ones would those be?  Most all applications newer than the early 1990s will run on an x64 system.

imschris1 wrote:

So, as Adobe sold the programme to be operational on both systems, and after several months of knowing about the problem, they should have fixed it by now.

Are you having problems with small images or just large ones?  If only large images, what you're running up against is a memory limitation of your 32 bit system.  There's nothing to fix but the root of the problem - which is that you're trying to edit very large images on a system with 32 bit memory limitations.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, when I first ran Content Aware, I also had  an out of ram message, which puzzled me. I ran it again, same message. Finally, I rebooted and the problem seems to have disappeared since.

I dual boot, so I am constantly rebooting and maybe that helps. Just before writing this, I ran it again, using a 4 panel stitch, then filled in the left over spaces. No problems (except the selection, but that's my thing, not CS5). I did it several times, minimizing a couple of files and each time, no stitch problems, no fill problems.

I am running on only 4G ram ddr3 on an AMD Athlon II 630 at 3+G. Ram at 1200 MHz 7,7,7,20,27 timings( from CPU-Z data). Video is an nVidia 9500 GT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines