• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 & I am trying to use the Filter/Render/trees or flame but there are not even visible or there at all.

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Ps CS6 stand alone. Trees/flam etc are not grayed out just not there. What's the problem. Can't get any answer from Adobe. Can somebody help?  Everything is up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 with Render Flames and Trees ???     All I have in CS6 is  Render Clouds, Difference Clouds, Fibers, Lens Flare and Lighting Effects.

I have version 13.0.1 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes me as well...but aren't those filters supposed to be there as well...trees etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think those features started with Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh so they want me to pay for CC when I have already paid for Photoshop?!  Forget it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been buying new versions of Photoshop for 22 years now just to enjoy the new features each release, like Flames and Trees.   So I must have spent  5 to 6 thousand dollars over those years for Adobe products and 3rd party plug-ins, just because the upgrades and features were so compelling.   No one held a gun to my head.  I just enjoy all this stuff and at times made a little money along the way.   Every hobby or endeavor has it's costs.  You can broke buying Telescopes or Radio Controlled Airplanes or model trains if you love those things.

I initially balked at the idea of subscription Software, but since then grown to like it for all the constant upgrades and fixes that comes with it.  If you bought Photoshop outright it would cost you say $700.  Subscription version is $10/month.  It will take you 70 months (over 5 years) to get to $700 level.  Which to me is a great bargain.

So I say to my friends,  If you can't afford $10 per month for an excellent product,  then stop going to Starbucks !  Or give up 1 six-pack of beer a month.  You can't make sellable art from a 6 pack of beer or two Grand Caramel Macchiatos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the entire suite, and I have the cloud version. I also have no trees in PS  CC, CC2014 CC 64bit, and CS6. ( you literally get all of those with the subscription ) and it is all up to date except for LR5 which just popped up an update this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Pro..don't like Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your video card supports 3D, you can activate those filters. I have done so in Windows 7/CC 2014.2.2

Open a new document, and make it a floating layer by clicking on the Background layer padlock.

Choose 3D menu > New 3D Extrusion from Selected Layer, "Yes" to 3D workspace.

Now try Filter > Render > Tree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gener7,  Are you talking about CS6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry joeLib,

I meant to reply to message 6, where gfamclg said he had CC and CC 2014. I must have clicked on the nearest "reply", but anyway there is a fix for those CC programs.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries gene, but nephties1 expects to have those features in CS6.  No gonna happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS6..I paid for it..why should I pay for CC...it's ridiculous.  In other words all the money I have spent is useless and thrown away because, Like Microsoft, if I don't pay again and again I can't use the features.  Jesus Christ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then you have your answer. Don't lease, keep your CS6.  Chances are you will get your work done. Some folks here use CS3, CS4, and CS5 despite the fact they will never get the latest Camera Raw updates as you will and Adobe will release OS maintenance updates to keep CS6 running.

If you want anything fancy and you don't want to rent, third party plugins may even do the job better.

The point is Adobe has gone rental and since they own the software, it's their right. We have no say. Your right is to choose your alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah haaaa I dont have enough PC for 3D. oh well at least i know why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2016 Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and tried your fix but it still has not changed. Does this just mean I don't have access or is there another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2016 Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First to be sure, go to Help > System Info and give me the exact version of Photoshop, 13.0.6 for example, and your OS, Windows 7 or OSX 10.11.5  In that same area, tell me what model of video card and how much Video ram, Nvidia 9400M, 512 MB vram as an example.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I got you everything you asked for I will paste below...

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2015.1.2 20160113.r.355 2016/01/13:23:59:59 CL 1059143  x64

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Version: 8.1

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2

Physical processor count: 2

Processor speed: 1796 MHz

Built-in memory: 3977 MB

Free memory: 1272 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 3229 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try this:

Open a blank file. File > New

In Edit > Preferences > Performance, be sure "Use Graphics Processor" is checked on.

Go to Filter menu > Render >Lighting Effects and click OK.

Then check Filter>  Render Flame, Picture Frame and Tree. should then be active. (not grayed out)

Discard the file.

You should then be able to use the filters. Open a new file and try the Tree filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and my GP was already checked. I tried what you suggested and it did not work. I then tried un-checking and rechecking but that did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then see if this works:

File > New (make a new file)

3D menu > New Mesh from Layer > Postcard

When your layer is created, try Filter > Render > Tree   If it works, close the file.

When you open a new or existing file. Filter > Render >Tree, Flame and Frame should now be active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is still grayed out. I guess I don't have access because of my graphics card.

Thank You for trying to help me though. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it's time for a new system. 4 GB is just bare minimum for CC 2015.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellooooo!!! I happened to upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10 this wknd and today I figured I should check and sure as shootin' I can now make gorgeous trees and flares and lightning! #HappyPhotoshopper #thankHeaven4updates  I figured if you ever get that questions again that is another fix.

Thanks again

Furn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines