• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Photo file extension

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on composite photos with multiple layers and saving my document as a PDS file. When I go to open several of these files, I am unable to open them because there is literally no file extension. It only says "file" where the document type would be listed. I've tried saving as a PAB file thinking that my document is too large, but that has not solved the problem. Has any one else run into this? Do I have a corruption in CS6?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct file name extensions for Photoshop are:  .psd and psb (for big files).

Is that what you are using? your post has other suffixes.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the windows folder view options you probably have Hide Known file Extensions checked.

But still photoshop should still be able to open the files even if windows is set not to show known file extensions.

In photoshop cs6 you could try File>Open As and set the File Type for psd and see if they open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines