• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 - repeated Serial Number request

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have a long-time purchased copy of Photoshop CS6 v.13 (Windows PC) that has run without problems for years, including on my current machine (i.e not a new machine or installation). 

However, after a machine problem that required a reboot (I think) PS thinks it is on a month trial and keeps asking for the serial number, which I have and which it accepts and runs. But this now keeps happening repeatedly. 

I assume (??) that maybe a PS file has become corrupt . . could anyone help me solve this one?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If CS6 accepts your serial and Activates there should  Should be Hidden CS6 Activation credentials written to your disk that Photoshop will see when you start CS6.  CS6 should not be a trial version it should run as an activated CS6.    If CS6 show its activated deactivate it. Then close CS6 run chkdsk and  have it /F fix and /R locate bad sectors and recover readable data. That should assign bad sectors to alternate locations.   Then start CS6 provide your serials to activate it.  Then see if you cans stop and start CS6 Activated and not be prompted to activate CS6.   You may have a disk problem  Chkdsk may take a very long time to run with the /R switch and may need to run before windows is booted up to check your boot disk. So open a bottle of wine and enjoy it watching chkdsk run....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, JJ

I uninstalled, ran chkdsk, rebooted and reinstalled. Serial number accepted as part of the installation process. All now - seems - ok. 🙂

BTW I received a private message purporting to be from the 'Adobe Team' suggesting I email an adobe/outlook address. This is spam/phishing/whatever. I didn't. 

thanks again - the wine tasted just fine, but then it always does! N'est ce pas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I received a private message purporting to be from the 'Adobe Team' suggesting I email an adobe/outlook address. This is spam/phishing/whatever. I didn't. 

If  you haven't deleted the message yet, there should be a "Report" button that will go to Adobe. If you post it here in this thread, we can also report it so the user will be banned.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The message went . . 

Subject: CS6 - repeated Serial Number request
Date: Jun 29, 2020 09:06 AM

<P>Hi,</P><P>You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team at Email Address:- (AdobeExp @outlook.com) and they will help you via Email.</P><P>Note-Write the Email Address manually Without any space (Do not Copy and Paste)</P><P>Team Adobe</P>

To manage your private message options, click https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences%3Aprivate-messenger.

Thanks for being a Adobe Support Community member.

Your Adobe Support Community Team

I did delete the message - I think it was from somebody with the u/name " . . spam . . " sorry I can't be of more help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines