• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Student Subscription Expired?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right before Adobe switched to a subscribtion model I bought a CS6 Photoshop Student licence. this licence can be used on two computers. I always had my Photoshop on my laptop and my home computer but recently switched my home computer out for a newer one. I deactivated the licence on my old computer but now that I'm trying to get it running on the new one it keeps showing me a message that I need to Renew My Subscription (although my licence is a serial code, so no subscription). Photoshop won't start up after this screen. Photoshop on my laptop seems to be working as normal. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I would really like to use my Photoshop on my laptop and computer without constantly having the uninstall to get it to work on the other device.

Sorry for the long message, thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

If someone has contacted you via PM make sure that they have the Adobe Staff badge and not just Adobe in their user name. Do not give out account information. Scammers are known to operate on this forum under the pretence of being staff.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three current version of CS6.  perpetual Windows version 13.0.1.3,  perpetual Mac CS6 version 13.0.6 and Creative Cloud CS6 version 13.1.2.    If Your Adobe User Account had your perpetual  CS6 licences and you install Creative Cloud desktop application the Creative Cloud Desktop Application would Update Your Perpetual Photoshop CS6 version to Creative cloud CS6 version 13.1,2.   It sounds like you may has dropped your Creative Cloud  Photoshop Subscription and Adobe CS6 activation server is not allowing you to activate your Perpetual CS6 version of  Photoshop because accounts has creative cloud on record for your account. Do you have  Creative Cloud Photoshop installed and activated on two Machines?  I do not know how Adobe support your CS6 Perpetual licences when you have installed a an Adobe Creative cloud application. You may need to contact Adobe with this issue. Adobe users here can not Activate your CS6 install. We do not work for Adobe, we  do not have access to Adobe databases and scource code.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had someone from Adobe contact  me, I will indeed take this up further with them. Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone has contacted you via PM make sure that they have the Adobe Staff badge and not just Adobe in their user name. Do not give out account information. Scammers are known to operate on this forum under the pretence of being staff.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, 

Yeah I noticed that the person who contacted me indeed was a scammer. Luckily I noticed it before I gave them full access to my CC account. They do have my serial but since it is not working anyway, I don't think they can do anything with it. Would you be able to tell me where I can get into direct contact with an Adobe rep? Their website seems to make it incredibly hard to find someone to talk to.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KristofDeHulsters ,

If you haven't deleted the PM from the scammer, you can report it using the ellipses menu in the upper right.

0FA1A7AE-7CE5-4E96-8E27-0BBDCDA2ECE0.jpeg

To contact Adobe Customer Care:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

You haven't said what your OS is — it may be too new to run old software. See this help file on activating CS6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jane, I reported them. I also am contacting Adobe with my issue. Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines