• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS 3 activation failure

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2007 I purchased a full license for CSS 3 Design Premium. Over the years I've had to re-install three times due to Mac maintenance. The last time was a real hassle because of several date dependent update packages and what not.

Last week my trusty MacBook Pro 2007 died. Not borne yesterday, I had a complete clone of my HD. Bought an used MacBook Pro 13" 2009 and just transferred the clone to the HD of the new MBP. One would think that all was set, but no.

Starting one of the CSS 3 apps I was greeted with a message about activation failure. OK, so let's re-activate then. Nope, wrong again. It seems I can't.

Am I missing something here? Last time I checked my Adobe account, I'm certain my CSS 3 package was listed there, with full license key and registration date.

Somebody please help. Anybody!

URGENT!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

The activation servers for CS3 have been retired.

You have to uninstall all CS3 programs and download non-activation versions.

See Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Follow the instructions carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation servers for CS3 have been retired.

You have to uninstall all CS3 programs and download non-activation versions.

See Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Follow the instructions carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that didn't do much. It's exactly the same as before. After installation, opening an app, exactly the same error message about activation failure. And, I can't find any place else to fill in the new serial key, only options are from the menu; registration and activation. And yes, I did follow the instructions carefully.

Obviously, there's something wrong here. But what? What to do then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer to this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it working.  My problem was that the old activation info was still on the computer even after the old program was uninstalled.

After uninstalling, delete the AdobePCD folder from Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe and then re-install the new version which no longer requires activation.  It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines