• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CTL+ATL shortcut not working to change brush sizes (Wacom tablet)

Explorer ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer control my brush size by clicking CTL + ALT. It was working fine two days ago and then went dead. I'm working on a Mac Pro running Sierra 10.12.5 . Is there a bug or conflict going on?

[Title edited by moderator to specify Wacom tablet; also added Wacom tag.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

I just reinstalled the previous version of the Wacom drives and everything is working again. FYI - All you need to do is download and install the drives. Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On  Windows it is done using Alt+Right Click+Drag UP/Down,Left/Right.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I run a Mac and I have been using PS for 10 years now. I know how to operate the shortcut. I am wondering if there was an issue with the Wacom update that took place recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Wacom on Windows Alt+Right Click+Drag still works in CC 2017.1.1.  So does the Wacom Touch ring.  I know of no Ctrl+Alt shortcut please explain how you use Ctrl+Alt

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you press the CTRL + Option keys at once you change the diameter of the PS brush you're using when you slide/drag the pen on the tablet surface. I was able to do this two days ago and then the shortcut stopped working. Now when I hold down the CTRL+Option keys I only get the brush as a bullseye. I now have to ether change the diameter by using the [ ] keys or by right clicking the pen and calling up the diameter pallet.

PS - I am using Photoshop CC (2017)

PSS - I originally said using Ctrl+ALT keys when I should have said Control+Option keys for my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I know is on windows I need to add the Right click and hold while draging. Not a left click drag.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need a right click with the Mac. Just Control and Option 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Brush function stopped working as well, have you stumbled on any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed the same problem and have written to the support desk at Wacom. I'm pretty sure its not a PS issue as my mouse still executes the action. I hope I get it fixed soon its slowing me down a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled the previous version of the Wacom drives and everything is working again. FYI - All you need to do is download and install the drives. Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats the way to go for sure!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Do I follow this link?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. All you have to do is just download previous version of the drives and install them. It will override the version (the new version) that you currently have installed for you tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always thought we change the brush size with the bracket keys. And shift bracket [ ] to change the hardness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw that this is listed as a known issue with this Wacom driver: Issue 476 "If you use two modifier keys on your keyboard along with the pen tip, the function will not work."

I assigned control + option to my top express key and it works fine. But my fingers naturally hit the two keyboard keys-- it's hardwired in my brain and will take a bit of getting used to. Maybe easier to go back to the previous driver. Hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same issue with new MacBookPro and current Photoshop. Upgraded myWacom tablet driver and fixed. Shortcut works perfectly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines