Highlighted

CTRL + Scroll/Alt + Scroll acting weird

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

So after i took a break from Photoshop CS5 work for a few months, i figured it's time to get back to it again but something is dififferent.

Usually, CTRL + Scroll used to move the zoom left and right while ALT + Scroll was zoom in and out and it's been like that for over 3 years until it changed today and i can't see a way to change it in the settings.

The only thing that i switched was my keyboard, and if that's the problem, is there a way to make each one do what i want instead pressing CTRL once and it movinge to the side, requiring to Press it again if i want to zoom in and out only ?

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CTRL + Scroll/Alt + Scroll acting weird

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

So after i took a break from Photoshop CS5 work for a few months, i figured it's time to get back to it again but something is dififferent.

Usually, CTRL + Scroll used to move the zoom left and right while ALT + Scroll was zoom in and out and it's been like that for over 3 years until it changed today and i can't see a way to change it in the settings.

The only thing that i switched was my keyboard, and if that's the problem, is there a way to make each one do what i want instead pressing CTRL once and it movinge to the side, requiring to Press it again if i want to zoom in and out only ?

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but everything in there does not work anymore. The scripts, programs that may interfere with the keybinds, nothing 😕 

I don't want to have to upgrade to Photoshop CS6  Since from what i gathered, it's a specific CS5 version issue. Is there not a way to just not have the CTRL or Alt key  switch between Zoom in and Zoom out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Tried PS CS6, and it is the same. Pressing Alt changes between the zoom in and zoom out options, which is what i don't want it to do. Pressing CTRL causes everything to move right and left and upon releasing, it stays like that.

To be clearer, on what my goal is; To be able to hold alt and zoom in and out without it requiring me to press it again to zoom out or in, same with CTRL.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0