Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl + Spacebar zoom shortcut goes off if >25 images are open

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you have 26 images openned, ctrl + spacebar zoom shortcut goes off.

If you have 25 images openned (or lower), ctrl+spacebar zoom works back.

May be a new bug, never got this issue before with a lot more images.

Could anyone test it too ?

Images are 20Mpx JPGs; around 9Mb each.

Config : Win 10 Pro + Core i7 9700K + 32Gb RAM + GeForce 2080Ti + SSD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would not be normal for me to have 25 document open in Photoshop. I edit in Floating windows  even when using three displays I would not know how I would arrange 20 image windows.   Also for me Ctrl+SpacerBar only seems to be a shortcut for the zoom Tool if the ,mouse cursor is over the active document floating windows. On My machine if the Move tool is the Active tool as soon as the Ctrl Key is pressed and held the move tool option auto-Select option changes state its only when the cursor is over the Active Document and indicating some tools is active like a brush type tool, move tool, pen tool etc will adding  the SpaceBar key cause Photoshop to switch the cursor to the Zoom tool. If the cursor is not over the Active Document the cursor will remain the default system arrow cursor. Ctrl+SpaceBar would not be seen as a Shortcut.  Is you Photoshop cursor over the active document image window when you use Ctrl+SpaceBar?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello JJMack,

Thanks, for your answer.

There is no "normal" use of a software, each person have their needs.

I used to open hundreds of images in Photoshop like this for years, in tabs.

Since few weeks, it doesnt work anymore, that's the point of my post :).

I'm talking of the shorcut for zooming in or out, when you hold ctrl + spacebar + left click and move your mouse/pen left or right to zoom in/out. Find out the name of this : it's the "scrubby zoom" (i use french version

Here's a video showing what i'm talking about, let me know if you have this issue too 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines