Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current file window hides if I exit photoshop and return

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy

Whenever I go out of photoshop to check email or do anything else and click back in, the window I was working on appears to be gone. Any open file windows behind it are still there. If I select the Window menu, it shows my current file checked as the active window, but it won't reappear unless I select it from the list anyway.

In my work I do a lot of blended Photoshop/Illustrator files that requires me to click back and forth and refine smart objects in illustrator. Now, after the last update, I have to select the file from the window menu  in photoshop to see and access it.

I have been working in Adobe since 87. I have never seen this behavior before. Is this happening to anyone else

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks cpfaff

The graphis processor seems to be the issue. Turning it off and restarting stopped the behavior. Can I not use the GPU anymore? I was using it before this update when the behavior began.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My graphics card is a radeon Pro 580x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly is no proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool and some Filter acceleration for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS. 

Is your GPU on the list of tested ones? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html#Tested%20video%20cards%20for%20P...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see it on there. It came with the mac. I guesss I just won't use it for now

Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It would help if you told us which version of exact Photoshop and operating system you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave 10.14.6

2019 27" imac

photoshop 21.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines