Highlighted

Cursor goes to arrow regardless of tool selected

Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into a really weird problem.  I might be using the brush or clone stamp.  Suddenly, my brush cursor turns to a standard white arrow and stays there regardless of what tool I select. True whether I use my Cintiq and pen or whether I use a mouse on another monitor.  If I open a new file, the brush will work for a time before it reverts to the white cursor.  My only recourse is to shut down Photoshop and restart, which is annoying as hell.  My efficiency is 100%.  Does anyone know what is happening?  Better yet, how to correct it?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cursor goes to arrow regardless of tool selected

Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into a really weird problem.  I might be using the brush or clone stamp.  Suddenly, my brush cursor turns to a standard white arrow and stays there regardless of what tool I select. True whether I use my Cintiq and pen or whether I use a mouse on another monitor.  If I open a new file, the brush will work for a time before it reverts to the white cursor.  My only recourse is to shut down Photoshop and restart, which is annoying as hell.  My efficiency is 100%.  Does anyone know what is happening?  Better yet, how to correct it?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Will it do that if you are just using the mouse and don't have the Cintiq plugged in?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please indicate system and version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -- 

I am experiencing the same issue with PS 21.2.3, Windows, and a Wacom Intuos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution?  I am experiencing the same problem with my Wacom.  I think it is related to using the Space bar to pan the image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0