Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cursor not drawing in the right place

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Whenever i try to use the brush tool it draws somewhere different to where the cursor is.

I need help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for the tips.

I found that my DPI settings where too high.

I changed it from 125% to 100% and now both pen pressure and the offset are both  working properly together.

For anyone having the same problem, i fixed this on Windows 10 by:

1. Right-clicking on the desktop and selecting display.
  2. Then, under Scale and layout, find where it says "change the size of text, apps and other items"
  3. click on the drop down box below and select 100% (or a lower percentage to what it's default is)
  4. This should

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some more information.

• i am using photoshop cc 2017
  • i am using a XP-Pen star 03
  • Here is a video of this happening:

• My PC specs are:

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

AMD A8-9600

Bristol Ridge 28nm Technology

RAM

11.0GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 931MHz (13-13-13-30)

Motherboard

LENOVO Toronto 5B1 (Socket FP4)

Graphics

Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)

DP2VGA V207 (1024x768@60Hz)

512MB ATI AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (Lenovo)

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R6 M435DX (Lenovo)

CrossFire Disabled

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10JPCX-24UE4T0 (SATA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started when i fixed my pen pressure by using the system stylus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Joseph+Yianni  wrote

• i am using a XP-Pen star 03

I had a feeling you were going to say something like that.

When you say this started after you started 'using system stylus', do you mean you added the text file from this help page?

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

Can you describe _all_ the steps you took to achieve this?  I'm thinking this is where your issue lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my pen pressure wasn't working so i created the file called PSUserConfig.txt and put UseSystemStylus 0 in that document.

It fixed the pen pressure but created the problem im having now.

If i turn of this setting it stops the pen pressure from working but fixes the cursor problem.

Yes, I did get it from that site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joseph, I have had a good look round on this, and it appears to be fairly common with some tablets, and due to the tablet driver.  I imagine you have made sure that you are using the most up to date driver for your tablet?  Posts I read often associated the issue with using more than screen, and with very high dpi screens.  Would that fit your situation?

Lazy Nuzumi Pro has a cursor offset fix mode.  LNP is a must have for tablet users anyway, so worth trying.  The trial period will allow you to see if it fixes your problem.

https://lazynezumi.com/faq

You could also try installing a pre-CC2014 Photoshop from the Application Manager > Previous Versions.  That was when the API was changed.

What sort of screen calibration system does your tablet use?  Can you toggle between single, full, and high precision modes for instance?  Can you 'trick' the tablet into correcting the offset by cheating with the calibration? 

I wish you luck, but the unhappy truth is that we don't always get a good result with non Wacom tablet issues on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the tips.

I found that my DPI settings where too high.

I changed it from 125% to 100% and now both pen pressure and the offset are both  working properly together.

For anyone having the same problem, i fixed this on Windows 10 by:

1. Right-clicking on the desktop and selecting display.
  2. Then, under Scale and layout, find where it says "change the size of text, apps and other items"
  3. click on the drop down box below and select 100% (or a lower percentage to what it's default is)
  4. This should fix the problem, if not then look at Trevor.Dennis​ 's reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just logged in to reply to this and wanna thank you for reminding me of the DPI settings. It's something I was well aware of for games but I forgot that other applications have trouble scaling right, and this fixed my issue with my Huion Inspiroy 1060P. I was having the offset issue only when I turned off LazyNezumi and when I changed the DPI settings, it fixed it for me, so thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the XP-Pen star 03 come with any customizing or calibrating software.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It came with the drivers and the basic set-up stuff but i don't think it came with any calibration software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same result with a mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, with the mouse it's normal.

Its only the brush and eraser that it does this with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but every time I try any of the free versions I end up with an even worse problem...Now every time I place my stylus on the screen, It acts as if I am holding Shift down and creates a straight line from the bottom of the page!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was 3 years ago, but I think the main problem was with me having a second monitor. And unplugging that fixed it, or changing the monitor the tablet is working on to only 1 of them. I hope this helps, sounds like your problem is more severe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% works the problem is, 100% is just too small for me to see or read on my screen.  I mean it's tiny.  150% is (Recommended) by windows is barely viewable and still doesn't work right. I prefer 175% for it to be functional for me.  I mean I don't have the best vision but I'm not blind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could probably mess with other scaling settings, such as text scale, while keeping it on 100%.

Another tip:

On your desktop hold ctrl and then scroll the scroll wheel up, it will make icons on the desktop larger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is nowhere near going to cut it.  I mean I need to get within inches of the screen to read the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm that sucks, there might be a work around.

Like I said, my main issue was with 2 monitors, so if you have 2 try using your tablet with just 1, or changing the tablet setting to only work on 1 monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tablet are you referring to?  There is no mention of any of this thread.  I do, however, have a Wacom tablet, but this issue persists with or without the tablet.  So as to not confuse the issue, I would prefer not to bring that into the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey. 

There is fix for problem if someone don't want to change scale settings like the guy told you.

1. Go to screen settings on desktop 

2. Scale and layout

3. Additional parameters of scale

4. Allow windows to fix blurry apps TURN OFF. 

It fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much it was a nightmare for me i tried evrything to solve such a proplem but you tip was uch a great help .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines