• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cursor 'sticks' in text box when trying to move via keyboard arrows

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the issue of the cursor in a text box 'sticking' when I attempt to move or position the cursor in a different spot when using the arrow keys on my keyboard (and in any direction, left, right, up, down). This has been happening for several months. I thought it may be related to my keyboard itself, but the issue only exists inside Photoshop. I have also tested using a different keyboard, but issue persists.

Windows 10 user

I also use Suitcase Fusion.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in text edit mode where you can type text and position the text cursor within the existing text with the arrow keys? I can not reproduce you problem on my machine Windows 10 PS 2020 version 21.2.1

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when I go to edit any text, the cursor "sticks" when I attempt to move it around.

Also, after I posted this, I saw a few additional posts about "sticky keys." Once user stated that disabling Windows Defender solved the problem. I am going to test that trick this tomorrow to see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found another post about this. That post stated Windows Defender was causing problems, and that disabling Windows Defender solved their issue. I tried this myself. It seemed to have worked for a few days and then just yesterday, the sticking issue was present again (with Windows Defender disabled).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines