Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor turns to White Arrow

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When using the Spot Healing Brush, my cursor turns into a White Arrow.  I switch tools, and the arrow remains.  When I go to another image to edit, the cursor is normal.  When I go back to the original image, the white arrow is still there.

There is nothing in my history to indicate a change.

I am using PS 21.2.3 on Windows.  And a Wacom Intuos Pro medium.

I believe it is related to using the space bar to pan the image, but I am not sure.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just tested and can't replicate the issue with Photoshop 21.2.3 on Windows 10 and a Wacom Intuos Pro

Do you use Windows Ink in the Wacom settings or do you use the PSUSerConfig file in Photoshop settings with Windows Ink disabled

Have you tried resetting the Tools

2020-09-25 16_44_31-.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much,

I have the Pro Pen (the default pen the tablet came with) so I do not see any Ink settings in the Wacom program.

I do have PS 19 installed on Windows 10, and have not had a problem after an hour of editing.

I also noticed that when I use the Nav Window to pan (instead of the space bar/grabber), I do not have the issue either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I will be drawing away, and all of a sudden the cursor turns to the white arrow. I can select other tools and layers and even menu items, but it stays the white arrow and doesn't allow me to make any paint strokes. I can go over to another file and it be fine. Come back to that file and still the white arrow. The only way to get  it to clear is to restart Photoshop.

Have you found any answers to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue. I have an Asus Zenbook. Has anyone found a solution yet? Anything at all? It's so frustrating to work like this, and I know its an issue with adobe not being able to work with two processors, but that's about all I know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, so far happened to me about 4 times within the last hour or so today.

The best workaround so far without disabling any features seems to be: menu Window>Arrange>New Window for...

Your old document window will remain unusable but the new one should be fine.

I hope this bug gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

I believe this is only occurring when I'm using my XP-pen tablet with Photoshop.

Do other people have tablet drivers installed and/or using a tablet at the time it occurrs - could it be related to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its really sad that Wacom, Microsoft and Adobe can't sit down and figure out this Windows ink/ wintab tablet mess. It has always been sketchy in my opinion. I think it ultimatley is Microsoft and Windows ink that is the problem. Then you need to do some hacky stuff to get wintab to work. I would occasionally get the white arrow, now with the latest update I get the white arrow all the time. Please, Adobe, get on the phone with the Wacom people and get this figured out for good. Why isn't Wacom functionality just built into Photoshop? Why do we need to make a special edit to get wintab to work when it should be the default? This has been a long term issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue...

still a little and I pass to krita , because it is not possible that there are such problems with professional programs. They sleep on the desk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!  So annoying!  I am using a new ASUS VivoBook and Wacom Intuous.  I can't work like this.  Complete hinderance to my workflow.  Adobe, please help us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem except I'm using XP-pen tablet/driver.
If I turn off Windows Ink in the driver settings it resolves (but causes other usability issues)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happened to me a few days ago when I switched to Windows from Mac. Even a bit of panning will turn any tool I'm currently on to an arrow and can't do anything. It's very annoying that I now avoid zooming in so I won't have to pan. And no, I will not use the navigator for panning because it breaks my workflow. I'm using an XP-Pen 22R Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit>Preferences>Plugins and UNCHECK "Enable Generator"

Also make sure you have the wintab on and windows ink on (there is lots of documentation on this)

That should fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already read about that in other posts but it still does not work for me. My cursor still turns to arrow after using the spacebar to pan averaging at 10-15 pans before it occurs. I found disabling "flick panning" to work. It does not happen anymore but at it's just a compromise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue.  When using any brush tool, clone stamp tool, or really anything that changes the cursor to show the brush shape.  The brush shape would be showing then I would go to apply pressure on my tablet to initiate the brush and boom the cursor would change to show the windows arrow, rather than the brush shape cursor.

After unchecking the "enable generator" preference my problem was fixed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I had the same problem. What worked for me was toggling the scroll all windows option in the hand tool. The option to enable is in the top bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines