• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursors Preferences Won't Stay Consistent Between Tools

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on for a while now, and it wastes a lot of time working between layers and layer masks.  It happens on my Windows 10 computer at my day job running the most current version 2020 and my MacBook pro running an older version of CS 2019.  So across multiple versions 

It seems like the different tools have their own cursor preferences in spite of setting it to be one way or another in the cursor preferences.

I will set the preference to be "Normal Brush" and it will work when I use the eraser or paint brush tool, then when I go into a layer mask on a layer it will change to "Precise" (crosshair) mode...  And then I have to change it a few times until it registers the correct scalable normal brush mode.   Wasting a ton of time constantly switching tool cursor prefernces to get the same one to show up in different parts of layers.

Can Adobe fix this behaviour in the next update? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... no body else is having this issue?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also happens on my home computer... I do not understand how the cursor settings can vary so much when doing different tasks in the same program.  Please fix this in the next update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 
Something similar is suddenly happening to me as well! Opened Photoshop on my work PC and suddenly the my menues have changed and my cursors are all different and it doesn't matter how many times I go into the settings and how I edit them it makes no difference... It's very frustrating! Is this happening because of an update ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines