• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Curves: How to move entire curve up or down?

Participant ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using a Curves adjustment layer on an image and making some other adjustments (i.e. burning/dodging, saturation, etc), sometimes I find I need the entire image to be a little brighter or darker.

Is there a way to move the entire curve up or down or should I just create a Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

If you hold down the Shift key you can select multiple points on the curve at which time they can all be moved simultaneously. You can do so with the…

• mouse
  • arrow keys
  • shift key + arrow keys (move in larger increments)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check the video hope you like it.....regards

https://youtu.be/Bvyiydd2dMc

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the video suggestion. I watched the whole video and I learned a few things, so definitely not time wasted.

Unlesss I missed it, the video did not address my question, which was how to move the entire curve (retaining its shape) up or down. Or instead would it be preferable to create a Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer to make the minor brightness change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes better way to adjustment layer and try these....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to move the entire curve up or down?

I do not quite understand your question. You can drag end points to the left or right or top/bottom if that's what you want to ask. Otherwise I believe you have learned everythings else including how to adjust contrast using Curves.

move curves points.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to explain it in a different way.

When using Curves in Photoshop, I can move any point on the curve up or down. That adjusts the brightness for that given point. What I want to be able to do is move ALL points at the same time, which makes the entire image brighter or darker. I know I can manually drags all the points individually, but I sometimes find the need to do all at once.

For context, I want to be able to do this AFTER I have adjusted the curve to the shape I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you hold down the Shift key you can select multiple points on the curve at which time they can all be moved simultaneously. You can do so with the…

• mouse
  • arrow keys
  • shift key + arrow keys (move in larger increments)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines