Highlighted

Custom brush painting with opacity

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a custom brush, and defined it as a new brush, but when I try to paint with it, it has opacity even though the brush opacity is set to 100%.

Capture.PNG

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

Then you need to use a different brush tip that is not a leaf shape with leaf detail shading.  The brush tip you are  using does not lay down 100% opaque paint color pixels. Perhaps use a pattern fill rather that using a brush. Select the leaf area and fill.  Edges area would need to be address so add the patten fill on a separate layer.

You could add a Pattern fill leaf layer hide it with a hide all layer mask then paint with White and Black on the hide all layer mask to paint in your leaves.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Custom brush painting with opacity

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a custom brush, and defined it as a new brush, but when I try to paint with it, it has opacity even though the brush opacity is set to 100%.

Capture.PNG

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

Then you need to use a different brush tip that is not a leaf shape with leaf detail shading.  The brush tip you are  using does not lay down 100% opaque paint color pixels. Perhaps use a pattern fill rather that using a brush. Select the leaf area and fill.  Edges area would need to be address so add the patten fill on a separate layer.

You could add a Pattern fill leaf layer hide it with a hide all layer mask then paint with White and Black on the hide all layer mask to paint in your leaves.

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a pen is the brush transfer setting set to pen pressure.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the only brush settings I have

2.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 0
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the brush preview it looks like you have a sample brush tip that has transparency pixels with opacity less than 100% opacity.

image.png

You can build up paint with your brush

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to paint with no opacity, like this image right here: maxresdefault

I don't want to have to hold down on my mouse to keep on adding more leafs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 0
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack,

What I see from Jackson screenshoot is a 100% solid leaf. I am facing the same problem here. My brush sample is set on 100% opacity, 100% flow default round brush with 100% layer opacity.

My new brush preset turns out has opacity in it. I don't turn on any brush settings.

Any idea? Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
stevenku LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out that the sample image should be in solid black color to make the new brush has default 100% opacity. It this normally work this way?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0