• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom brush sets all load with group folders - is that normal?

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm loading brush sets I've either purchased or made.  I have them organized into .abr sets.  When I bring them into Photoshop CC 2018 for the first time, they load just as a set, no group folder.

But if I edit them and move brush presets between folders or combine them into bigger sets and then want to save them as a new set under I different name, I have been going to the preset manager and saying "Save Set" and giving it a name

Any set I have loaded and touch and renamed and I unload from the panel and reload, comes back into the panel with a GROUP folder on top, and the .abr file is in a subfolder.  I want them to load just as a set (like the default brushes) not with every set having a group folder name.

I've tried to save, export, import, everything I can think of, but every time I unload it and reload it... it automatically has a group folder on top...

Is this the default?  A preference I can turn off?  Is there some other way to save my changes so the .abr stays just an .abr brush set without a group folder attached?

Thanks

Brush Groups for every .ABR set.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is all changed with CC 2018, but you can set it to the old way if you prefer.  Right click with the brush selected, and click on the little cog icon

You can get up to speed with the new brush management features here

Adobe Announces New Features for Photoshop CC 2018 « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks..  I have watched this video and purchased a Creative Live class on managing brushes...  but my specific question was why it doesn't just load the .abr file as a .abr file..... but instead, loads it with an arbitrary group folder, even though the file was not in a group originally.

If this is the process... then if I loaded 100 individual .abr files (each with several brushes inside), I would have 100 group folder and have to click inside a group header file to the folder where the .abr file is located to expand it.

I would prefer the .abr to just load at the "root" or left of the panel like the default brushes so when you click the folder you open the .abr set and can see all the presets inside...

Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at this thread:

Req: Search bar in brush panel

You can see that I am having the same problem with some of my brushes appearing outside of a group.  I have quite a lot of brush sets, and I am not sure why some brushes are showing as orphaned from their sets.  In fact I am considering installing CC2017 or earlier as a 'Previous version' so I can work out what is going on.   If you read my answer in that thread, you'll see that there are other things that are not working as they perhaps should, so it would be worth raising it as an issue on the Feedback site.  If you get a response over their, we'd appreciate it if you'd come and give us a heads up here.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines