• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom shape tool now trees, flowers everything we dont use. How to get basic custom shape back

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 update for photoshop, -The free form shape has change to trees, flowers and rediculous stuff I would never use, how do I get the basic freeform shape back?  2020 update is frustrating already.  I do product photography and photoshop and need the freeform shape for blocking to white, as our products have inside and outside curves so its perfect, now cant set it to basic shape?  Always dread updates, the changes are so frustrating.  and its so so SO time wasting.  Im now stumped and need to work. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

If you go Window>Shapes you can load the Legacy Shapes and More.

sha.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go Window>Shapes you can load the Legacy Shapes and More.

sha.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.  After a few hours, I stumbled across the File - Preferences - General and resetting Legacy shapes. thank you for the reply, your solution also goes to the Legacy shape solution.  It would be easier to retain Legacy and have the updates as options to add.  Adobe please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for that question and your distinct words about those updates who just get rid of the "good ol´" tools that we got used to over so many years! You spoke from my heart with this. Said to myself "have i gone mad?" when i saw those silly trees and animals stuff!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has taken a perfectly fine piece of software that many of us have used for years, and screwed it up completely with these nonsense updates. Moving tools, changing settings, ridiculous. Many of us are on time frames and deadlines, and having to spend hours trying to find  tools, and spending hours on forums trying to find answers, ridiculous. Adobe has turned their own product into trash. A frustrating overworked platform that used to work just fine the way it was. I cant tell you how much time I have wasted trying to readjust, or flat out yelling at my screen because of one of these updates. STOP MESSING WITH PEOPLES SETTINGS WITH STUFF WE DON'T NEED! I have wasted  HOURS trying to figure out where my shapes went. I followed the instructions and got the legacy shapes back, but now, the only shape it will make is one of the dang trees. No matter what other shape I pick. If this were an actual physical disc, I would have removed it from my computer and stomped on it. Instead, we have this online nonsense that takes forever to respond, and is just an absolute MESS! I hate their product now. I just hate what they have done to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am facing the same problem. Please, please, does anyone have a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines