• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Shapes in Photoshop cc 2021 - outline keeps being added on shapes

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Does anyone know if there is a known bug for custom shapes in cc 2021?  I just realized all my files that I have been editing on cc 2021 - all the custom shapes have a stroke - 1 px outline in black.  I changed all the shapes back to just be a filled shape but every time i re-open the file, it reverts  and the shapes again have a 1px  stroke outline.  I've never had this propblem in previous versions - Is it something that I am doing wrong?  is there a way to have a default no stroke unless specified?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I don't believe it is anyhing you are doing wrong. Here is a link to known issues with the latest version: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

If this persists, then I would suggest sending in a bug report (it follows the same procedure as a crash report): https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

I'm not quite sure how to submit the bug report like the crash report because if I open the package where crash reports are stored it would probably give the details of a crash and not my issue... I really want to have this issue addressed - is there another way to report this bug?  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same exact issue.

A 1 px black stroke on every shape, unless the shape has a custom stroke already, each time I open any .psd file with CC 2021. The stroke itself isn't visible on screen but it's there in the attributes of every shape.
I'm in the middle of the creation of a TV Graphics package for production it's quite annoying with the risk of error it brings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I get how frustrating it is, I stepped down to the previous version because it would always save wrong with that 1 stroke black line around all my shapes - I've been trying to submit a bug report I just don't know how to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I found it--here is a link to the page where you can submit a bug report: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Don't let the URL name fool you, it's used for both a wish list and bug report.

Let us know how it goes?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Just noticed it in 2021 when placing an image inside a custom shape. The shape has a black outline around it that I can't seem to get it rid of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind, I figured it out. I was so obsessed with thinking I was seeing a path outline that I missed the fact that Photoshop added a 1 px black stroke around the shape (which I didn't ask it to). Setting the stroke to None in the Options Bar removed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines