• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customize element's color layout/interface

Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I've been looking in all menus but can't find where to change the interface elements like this:

photoshopCustom.jpg

I would like to change it like the blue parts in the image...

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody ? awww 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly: The dark interface is wrong for print related work. But you may work for film and video so that may be beside the point … 

Secondly: The UI elements being neutral has a reason. Unnecessarily colorful interfaces seem to be a fairly reliable sign of non-professionalism. 

That being said jazz recently pointed out how one can change Photoshop interface colors: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-purple-skin/m-p/11485866#M470404

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I seem to have clipped the poster’s name, it’s 

jazz-y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't really matter what I'm using photoshop for right ?

I only wanted to know how do I change those elements colors that's all

And I opened that thread but can't see how really , I only see code.

where and how to edit that code ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Photoshop professionally it matters. Period. 

jazz-y posted: 

»\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\UIColors.txt

There RGBA matrices for 4 themes (from dark to light)

Have some fun with it.«

On Mac choose »Show Package Contents« from the pop-up menu when you right-click »Adobe Photoshop 2020.app«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»If you are using Photoshop professionally it matters.«

To clarify: I meant that if one is using Photoshop professionally the user interface matters. 

The elements surrounding an image can affect its perception – therefore they should be »neutral«. 

If you don’t want to take conventions and traditions at face value you may want to take care to assess and evaluate the reasons behind them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, with all the due respect, weather Im a professional or not ( I'm filmmaker ) how I would like to see my photoshop colors is a bit of my business, isn't it ? 😉

Thanks for the link, all sorted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a filmmaker the dark color themes do indeed are indeed the proper choice for you.

You might be overlooking some other things.
• Interface choices matter. If one wilfully chooses user interface elements that might distract or affect perception one might also be affecting the quality of one’s work.
• The convention on neutral interfaces in image editing has a clear techical/physiological reason, but conventions also have a social component. If customers or colleagues happen to see you working with a colorful interface might that affect their attitudes toward you and/or your work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines