Highlighted

Cut out correctly in front of the green screen

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently working on a drone in front of a green screen.
The propellers are turning and I want to insert the drone on another background.

Unfortunately I can not cut out the spinning rotors. Is there a trick how to cut out almost transparent objects without much effort and without much rework?

Thanks for the help

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cut out correctly in front of the green screen

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently working on a drone in front of a green screen.
The propellers are turning and I want to insert the drone on another background.

Unfortunately I can not cut out the spinning rotors. Is there a trick how to cut out almost transparent objects without much effort and without much rework?

Thanks for the help

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would not be able to with Photoshop. You would need a video editing application like AE may be able to mask the drone and filter the chroma key green to a  gray shade.   However I doe no edit video and do mot know AE I'm just guessing it may have features like that. Photoshop just has some basic video editing  cut splice transitions add title and still images

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to make a mask for the rotor part from the green channel.

Of course you'd have to desaturate any remaining green later.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0