Highlighted

Cutting a circle from an image

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to cut a circle from an image. When I right click on the edge of the path of the circle, instead of pulling up the menu so I can choose Make Selection, I just keep getting the option to create another circle. Did something change in Photoshop 2020?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cutting a circle from an image

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to cut a circle from an image. When I right click on the edge of the path of the circle, instead of pulling up the menu so I can choose Make Selection, I just keep getting the option to create another circle. Did something change in Photoshop 2020?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change here (v21.2.1 with Windows 10 v1909).

Left click brings up the menu you show, but right click brings up this

2020-08-06_22-05-19.jpg

Have you done any troubleshooting so far e.g. reset the tool, reset preferences ?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 1
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I get the dialog in your screen shot when I left click. When I right-click the edge of an existing path, I get the context sensitive menu as in Dave's screenshot. Can you check to confirm that your left and right mouse buttons are working properly, and that you are using the one you intend to?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 1