Highlighted

Dark gradient gives a lighter color

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the gradient tool and for a while, I have been having problems with it. Im trying to make a darkening gradient, and I've used all the right colors for it (i think) but it get lighter every time I use it. Why?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

Look at the options bar - you have the blending mode for the gradient set to "Screen"

Dave

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dark gradient gives a lighter color

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the gradient tool and for a while, I have been having problems with it. Im trying to make a darkening gradient, and I've used all the right colors for it (i think) but it get lighter every time I use it. Why?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

Look at the options bar - you have the blending mode for the gradient set to "Screen"

Dave

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines