• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dark pixelates lines around all objects when I open my procreate PSD in photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the blue I get dark/dirty pixelated areas and outlines on all illustrated objects when I open my 300 dpi PSDs in Photoshop. They are exported from Procreate like I have done a thousand times over the past 4 years. I have no clue what is causing it. When I open older files the problem does not happen and in the preview on my mac I cannot see the ugly edges.  I am not sure if I should address Procreate or Photoshop, but here we go. I have restarted everything of course, but still the same. When my colleague open the file in her photoshop it is the same result. 

Anyone know what could be wrong? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Hi there, 

I just discovered that this issue is due to the new procreate update and that lots of people have the issue. 

Just in case someone else finds this thread I will paste a brilliant workaround by Jarom Vogel: (until the issue is fixed - it should be soon)

you can open the PSD in Photoshop and for each layer go to Layer (in the menu bar) > Matting... > Remove Black Matte. Just tried it and it works well. If you make it an action and assign a keyboard shortcut, you can fix things pretty fas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you even mentioned the file format? 

Can you provide one of the files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I just discovered that this issue is due to the new procreate update and that lots of people have the issue. 

Just in case someone else finds this thread I will paste a brilliant workaround by Jarom Vogel: (until the issue is fixed - it should be soon)

you can open the PSD in Photoshop and for each layer go to Layer (in the menu bar) > Matting... > Remove Black Matte. Just tried it and it works well. If you make it an action and assign a keyboard shortcut, you can fix things pretty fast too. 

thanks for helping out anyway 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds similar to the premultiplication that can happen in rendering software. 

If you apply Layer > Layer Mask > From Transparency and deactivate the resulting Layer Mask what does the Layer look like? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just noticed that I had failed to notice that you did give the file format. 

I do apologize. 

Are the psds fully layered, have only one Layer, … when exported from Procreate? 

And please provide one of the affected files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines