Default Tool Upon PS Startup

Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a new PS user. I'm currently using the trial version of PS 22.3.0 on a Windows 10 PC. Is it possible to set the default tool when PS starts? As it is now, it starts up with the tool last used in the prior use. It just a little confusing to me while I'm trying to learn when I see a different tool each time I start.

Thanks!

Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021
You cannot change that behavior. But the tools have single key shortcuts, so if you for instance want to see the hand tool the next time you open Photoshop, press H before closing it. You can see the shortcuts by hovering your mouse pointer over each tool.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot change that behavior.

But the tools have single key shortcuts, so if you for instance want to see the hand tool the next time you open Photoshop, press H before closing it. You can see the shortcuts by hovering your mouse pointer over each tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines