• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Define brush preset problem?

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to turn a logo into a brush but the "define brush presets is greyed out", what am i missing here?  I've created brushes before but can't get this one to work, not sure why.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC3photography wrote:

I'm trying to turn a logo into a brush but the " is greyed out", what am i missing here?  I've created brushes before but can't get this one to work, not sure why.  Any suggestions?

You must select the logo first (or an area round it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I did that, selected it with the Marquee tool, with the lasso tool and the quick select tool, even tried duplicating the layer and control selecting both just for kicks but that didn't work either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is you logo a vector shape  (ie not rasterised?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's RGB 8 bit, I converted it to grayscale to see if that changed anything but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can reproduce that doesn't work is a vector shape – my other guesses were wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rasterized it before merge visible, and before flattening, niether helped.  It still wont allow me to define brush preset.  I have no idea.  It's gotta be something simple I'm overlooking or doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went in and created a simple one layer 3 letter brush and everything worked fine.  It's gotta be something to do with my layers or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2009 Sep 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the size!!  Man do I feel stupid.  I knew it had to be something simple... it was just a little too big!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give me advice on how the sizing helps when "Define Brush Preset" is grayed out and not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The max is 2500x2500 pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem and solved it by shrinking it. Maximum size of watermark for brush preset is 2500 pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Richard, after reading your comment, I did resize of watermark for brush into 2500 pixels and it works nicely.Cheers heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines