Highlighted

Delay in renaming Layers in CC 2021

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to CC 2021, there's now a long delay when I try to rename any layer.

Normally I would double-click a Layer name and be able to rename it instantly. Now, there's a delay of at least 5-10 seconds, requiring multiple double-clicks to activate the renaming input field.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling CC 2021 and tried renaming a layer in a fresh, blank file and the delay is still present.

This is on a Mac running Big Sur.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Delay in renaming Layers in CC 2021

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to CC 2021, there's now a long delay when I try to rename any layer.

Normally I would double-click a Layer name and be able to rename it instantly. Now, there's a delay of at least 5-10 seconds, requiring multiple double-clicks to activate the renaming input field.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling CC 2021 and tried renaming a layer in a fresh, blank file and the delay is still present.

This is on a Mac running Big Sur.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried resetting the preferences settings ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, resetting the Preferences works, but I'm hoping to avoid doing that if the problem returns since it takes so long to re-do all my preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0