Highlighted

Deleted a bunch of layers

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I haven't used photoshop in about ten years. I decided to colorize an intricate photo of my grandparents to give my self a project to help me crash course back into this program. Well, I went trigger happy in the history panel and long story short, I deleted a bunch of layers. As I mentioned the pic is intricate due to the outfits my grandparents are wearing, so I really lost a lot of work! Can layers be retrieved or can the history panel be restored even after I closed out of the program? I have an alternative possibly... I hurried up to take a snapshot of my image in the mobile version of Adobe cloud before it was replaced by the image I'm stuck with now (which it DID replace it)... can I build on top of this image, or am I just screwed now? 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

No once you close the document history state were returned to free memory and reused. If you did not save the layers into a file before you delete them they are history. You need to time travel to retrieve them. I believe Mac may have a time machine feature.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Deleted a bunch of layers

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I haven't used photoshop in about ten years. I decided to colorize an intricate photo of my grandparents to give my self a project to help me crash course back into this program. Well, I went trigger happy in the history panel and long story short, I deleted a bunch of layers. As I mentioned the pic is intricate due to the outfits my grandparents are wearing, so I really lost a lot of work! Can layers be retrieved or can the history panel be restored even after I closed out of the program? I have an alternative possibly... I hurried up to take a snapshot of my image in the mobile version of Adobe cloud before it was replaced by the image I'm stuck with now (which it DID replace it)... can I build on top of this image, or am I just screwed now? 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

No once you close the document history state were returned to free memory and reused. If you did not save the layers into a file before you delete them they are history. You need to time travel to retrieve them. I believe Mac may have a time machine feature.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can use snapshot option to recall the history of your document or Photoshop 2021 has new filter to autocolorize the black and white picture....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 1
eLiZ cAx LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha if only! I'd go back and learn this stuff when I had an 18 yo mind 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:. Thank you though! I'll just have to re-do everything and hopefully learn from this mistake. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0