Highlighted

deleting ALL brushes in PS except default

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i clicked ok for PS to install all my brushes and i want to undo it.. There are way to many to do manually.. i just wish to go back to the PS default brushes and start from scratch.. i cannot find any answers to this.. i have the current version i installed it yesterday..have spent the last hour looking in utube and on Adobe site.. and im bummed.. surely there is a way.. i cannot find it on any of the little drop down boxes on either of the brush related windows or on my main brush dropdown.. in CS6 i used to be able to select all or restore defaults.. i need to get rid of them and i dont have time to do them manually.. im so hoping there is a solution

thanks....

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

deleting ALL brushes in PS except default

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i clicked ok for PS to install all my brushes and i want to undo it.. There are way to many to do manually.. i just wish to go back to the PS default brushes and start from scratch.. i cannot find any answers to this.. i have the current version i installed it yesterday..have spent the last hour looking in utube and on Adobe site.. and im bummed.. surely there is a way.. i cannot find it on any of the little drop down boxes on either of the brush related windows or on my main brush dropdown.. in CS6 i used to be able to select all or restore defaults.. i need to get rid of them and i dont have time to do them manually.. im so hoping there is a solution

thanks....

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, which version of Photoshop you are using?

By the way, you can select multiple brushes/groups and delete them or drag them onto trash can.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded PS yesterday upgrading from CS6 I got the download link from a link sent to my email from Adobe.. so im taking it its the lastest version..

i have deleted some by selecting them a few at a time.. it was taking ages so do and i thought there might be a way to delete them all at once..

thank you for replying 🙂

Peta

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could select the first group and shift click the last brush/group and drag them all to the trash, then restore the defaults

2020-11-13 13_02_22-© SFTW119CanyonBridge.jpg @ 93.2% (RGB_8_).png

2020-11-13 13_06_04-© SFTW119CanyonBridge.jpg @ 93.2% (RGB_8_).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for replying.. much appreciated... i have done as you suggested and cleared all my brushes. The brush settings tab however still has them all, they are greyed out but still there. How do I get rid of them as I cannot click on any of them..

thank you again...Untitled-2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0