• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting older versions of Photoshop

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small SSD drive 128GB where all the programs run off. It's not possible to increase its size. 

I have a second HDD drive.

The issue I face is the SSD drive filling up. Windows is bloated, Nvidia drivers another issue, Photoshop old versions and plugins like Topaz and Nik (which seem to install all over the place).

Can I delete folders containing older versions of the Photoshop (or at least folders labelled as that)?

I've tried uninstalling in Add / Remove programs but they don't show up.

I tried Adobes uninstall old versions tool but it doesn't seem to recognise the old versions.

Perhaps they are partial installations. 

Can I just delete them? It's very unclear is there some data in the folders that the latest version uses.

fergalo94229330_1-1598386130671.png

fergalo94229330_2-1598386186944.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful do not delete folders that are in trees labeled common files these may be shared  in all version of Photoshop

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your Nik drivers are a plug in so Photoshop just points new installs to that old folder... yes you can remove them (plug ins will stop working) and yes Windows is bloated and will become unstable without 12 G of free space on your C drive

Windows likes 10% of the system drive to be free and will not run certain tools unless it has that space... other software like Nvidia or any 3D will also need lots of free system space to work so your best options now are;

• replace the old 120G SSD with something bigger or
  • reinstall a fresh copy of Windows only loading software on the C drive that actually needs to be there... having Adobe software on a SDD is pointless mate but good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines