• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting "Recents" that are no longer where they were originally located no longer works

Explorer ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO not so long ago in the Recents (when you first boot up PS you get a greeting page with past projects or files opened in PS).  There used to be an automatic removal of said files when you double clicked on one and up pop's an error message that PS can't find the file and then that thumbnail is removed.  

In the past few updates this has been removed and I don't like that.  I don't like ignoring a useful area like the Recents page at boot up as it can quickly reopen a project or image or what have you.  So now one has to wade through all the files that have been either removed or deleted from it's creation location.  

Please Adobe put this back in.  I'd actually love a way for PS to determine these "lost Recents" and just remove them upon boot up of the program without the end user having to double click, get the error message and then have the thumbnail removed.  I'm sure Photoshop could be coded to be "smart" in this way!  

Thanks so much 

Richard 

Recents Errors.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RAMWolff54 wrote:

Please Adobe put this back in. 

Hi Richard,

Feature requests to Adobe should go here for the product developers:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines