• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting unwanted templates from Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old gal of 80 just updated from the version Noah installed in the ark.  Created new templates to match my old ones and, while experimenting, I created far more than I'll ever use.  Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the unwanted ones?  I've tried everything I can think of. 

I have the good ones now Saved.  Is there any way to go straight from File - New to the Saved ones without going past the Recent box?  

You'll hardly believe anyone would ask for such basic help!  ;o)  There'll probably be a lot more before I get comfortable with this new version . . .  Peg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peg,

As you want to delete a template in Photoshop could you please check this forum thread and let us know if it helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/Start-Menu-in-CC-2017-Can-t-Delete-Templates/td-p/8795182 

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sahil, for your quick response. Except for this : "How about using the Saved tab as your default in the New Document dialog? You can go through the other tabs and select presets that are useful to you, and save them (you need a different name)." and I can't find the dialog box, I had already done most of the things suggested. I just need to see if I can work out how to use the Workspaces section and find Recent Files. psw. I can't pretend it's all that important - I just don't want to create a mess when I'm just starting out . . . Peg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I replied, I realized that I hadn't properly understood the meaning of Recent. As I use my lovely new Photoshop, the items I have used or created will replace all of the unwanted templates. Right? I do hope so . . . I'm so glad Adobe is so quick off the mark with help; it's made me feel quite relieved - thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My personal IT guy (my son) did the simplest fix by opening New files with the Legacy Interface which works a treat. Thought this might be useful if someone else asks the same question . . . thanks again, Peg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines