• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dependent multi-point brush

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I am trying to figure out whether it's possible to make a multi-point brush that is dependent on the main point. I am attaching a file to help you in case you don't understand what I am asking.

The hope is to have a "main" point, then a second one working dependent on my first. I know you can have a multi-point brush capable of them both moving in-tandem. I want this, but in a different way.

Example: I draw a path down. My second line is to the left of my tablet's stylus. I draw a path right, the second line is below. I draw up, it's on the right. I draw left, it's above.

I drew the image with an approximation of what I'm looking for. The blue line indicates the line I would draw with the black line being the one 'following' it. The red arrows indicate the direction I would be drawing (though I don't care if it's inside/outside or if going down, for example, the following line is to the left or right.

I've heard of this kind of brush feature but haven't been able to figure out how to create it.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Apologies. There was an error with my last image. This is what I was talking about.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could make a single brush something like this :

davescm_0-1621461052883.png

Then in Shape Dynamics set Angle  control to Direction

2021-05-19_22-43-07.jpg

davescm_1-1621461209114.png

You are restricted to the same colour with each part of the brush though. To get multi colours though you may need scripting (I don't know whether such a brush can be done with a script)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either I did something wrong, or I don't understand your directions. The two dots are the brush I created, then the lines below are marked with and without jitter as you recommended.

I think I'm missing something and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't touch jitter - just tick Shape Dynamics and set Angle control to Direction

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I saw I had the dynamic sizing on and turned it off. Now, I'm finding when I tap my stylus against the tablet, the brush/dependency rotates, which seems to give it that very messy look. I set the control to direction, as you showed, but I'm still seeming to have the same issue.

I'm sure the problem is me, not you, so I might need a little more help, as this doesn't seem to be working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem may be that a tap is rarely just that. There is usually a little movement which would be interpreted as direction. What happens when you click and drag?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It becomes a mess, and the two dots fight each other.

The far left parallel lines were without control direction set. The middle is the same size brush direction selected. The third is a larger brush of the second for possible, clearer effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines