• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deselect not working

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a complete beginner and I am having a issue with Deselet a tool. I open up PS take a Jpg out and select the blur tool get done doing what I wanted to happen and I can not get rid of the Blur tool unless I pick another tool , Which I do not want. 

If I do select another tool I have the same issue so it is not the tool.

If I hit Control D it does not deselect nor does going to select- Deselect.

This is destroying my vacation because I took it to learn PS

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl D is for deselecting an earlier made selection of an image area not for deselecting a tool.

Once you have a tool selected it will remain selected until you select another. Press V and it will change to the Move tool which is a good default when you are not using one of the others.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good answer Dave.  I suspect that the Move tool is most people's favourit default tool, although — for the most part — it really doesn't matter which tool is selected when you are not using it.  i.e. you do not activate the left mouse button.  I think my own favourite added extra trick with the Move tool is to right click inside the document window to reveal what layers have content at a particular location.   For some reason I am particularly bad at managing my layers with SFTW images because they have a 'temporary' feel to them, but they invariably run away with themselves, and end up with dozens of layers and a right old mess in the layers panel.  That right click trick has saved me more times than I can remember.  Of course, it is far more sensible to name and group your layers as you go.

Trevor_Dennis_0-1594247321107.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do recognise that Trevor. You start off with the intention of a quick image and next thing you know you have 30+ layers, groups nested smart objects all with names like layer 12 copy ......etc

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a complete beginner and I am having the same issue. I open up PS take a Jpg out and select the blur tool get done doing what I wanted to happen and I can not get rid of the Blur tool unless I pick another tool , Which I do not want. 

If I do select another tool I have the same issue so it is not the tool.

If I hit Control D it does not deselect nor does going to select- Deselect.

This is destroying my vacation because I took it to learn PS

[Duplicate response merged from longer thread by moderator. Please post once.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines