• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design the Photoshop Forum Banner Challenge - Phase 5

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voting is complete: Congratulations Dave Richardson!

Hi All,

All four phases of the Photoshop Forum Banner Challenge were awesome!

We're starting a new phase of the challenge for you to share your creative talent with others.

Congratulations to the previous winners, we've really enjoyed having a nice looking banner here for the Photoshop community!

In case anybody missed the previous challenges --

Phase 5: Design! Submit! Vote!

Purpose: Create a fresh Photoshop Forum Banner for the Photoshop forum overview page

DSC_0011.jpg

How to participate:

1. Download the Template
  2. Submit your Photoshop Forum Banner design by attaching your image in a response to this thread by April 15, 2019.
  3. We’ll then round up all of the submissions and vote for the people's favorite!

• Image dimensions: 1150px ×150px (72dpi)
  • File type: JPG or .PNG

Details: Use the above template design as a starting point for your designs which will help you position your imagery so it won’t be covered by the forum's CSS banner elements:

Please keep all submissions Photoshop-related (Photoshop UI is OK to use), safe for work, and use image content you have the rights to (do not use any copyrighted images).

Time-frame: Post your design(s) to this thread, and voting will begin in mid April. The chosen winner's design will be featured in the Photoshop Forum overview page, which is seen by over 35,000 people each month!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Good luck!

Regards,
Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

We have a winner!

Congratulations to davescm many people voted on the form, and his design received the highest score in this round. Forum-Banner-EyeDR (1).jpg

This banner will be featured on the Photoshop Forum overview page until the next Photoshop Forum banner challenge (Date TBD).

Honorable mentions:

• jbm007
    Forum-Banner-EyeDR (2).jpg

• ponytail1414
    banner4+LMM.jpg

We had some great designs this time! Thanks to everyone for spending their time designing, submitting and voting during this phase.

Till Next Time!
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warunicorn.png

Image source: I took this image at the Manse's boathouse in Minute Man Park, Concord, Massachusetts. I'm looking up at the tree that's there. (I actually flipped it horizontally because it flows better for the banner.)

I didn't "sign" it because, well, who cares? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Panorama in Sedona, Arizona off Schuerman Mountain Trail on the flat top summit facing Carroll Canyon and Oak Creek shot with my first digital camera (Canon 300D with EF 70-200mm F4L IS lens) in 2007. I've come a long way in experience and equipment since then, but it proves you can take great pictures with even a lowly 6.2 megapixel camera! Of course edits applied in LR Classic 8.2 helped a lot!

CRW_4798-Pano-2-Sedona Arizona.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Todd+Shaner  wrote

Panorama in Sedona, Arizona off Schuerman Mountain Trail on the flat top summit facing Carroll Canyon and Oak Creek shot with my first digital camera (Canon 300D with EF 70-200mm F4L IS lens) in 2007. I've come a long way in experience and equipment since then, but it proves you can take great pictures with even a lowly 6.2 megapixel camera! Of course edits applied in LR Classic 8.2 helped a lot!

CRW_4798-Pano-2-Sedona Arizona.JPG

What is it they say? "The best camera is the one you have with you."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could not use the template file.

here you go.Bryce canyon Panorama1.jpg

Bryce Canyon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chicago  ..........   hand held panorama from the middle of Lake MichiganChicago_Panorama1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this got off to a great start.   I  probably like Jim's cityscape the best, but Jame's boathouse is nice.  Todd, that is an excellent picture, and works well for the banner, but we can't 'ave no stinkin' Lightroom processed images at the top of the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Todd, that is an excellent picture, and works well for the banner," but we can't 'ave no stinkin' Lightroom processed images at the top of the Photoshop forum.

OK, OK, "Of course edits applied in Camera Raw 11.2 helped a lot!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO these beautiful  landscapes would all make excellent ACP  forum banners (Tricia is always clamoring for more.)  But what have they got to do with the Photoshop brand & software?

Maybe I'm adrift at sea (it wouldn't be the first time) .   

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

But what have they got to do with the Photoshop brand & software?

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Below is a picture showing the BEFORE six overlapping image files shot handheld and then AFTER being stitched and edited in Camera Raw 11.2 (actually LR 8.2 using Camera Raw 11.2 plugin). Yea, I could have edited in some other non-Adobe software and gotten good results, but probably not as easily or quickly.

CRW_4798-Pano-2_PS Edits.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

Well this got off to a great start.   I  probably like Jim's cityscape the best, but Jame's boathouse is nice.  Todd, that is an excellent picture, and works well for the banner, but we can't 'ave no stinkin' Lightroom processed images at the top of the Photoshop forum.

Isn't Lightroom officially titled, "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom?" 

(Weird, I know.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the only thing LR and PS have in common is both use the same Adobe Camera Raw plugin. IMHO, the "official name" Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has caused nothing but confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I thought I might join in

Forum-Banner-Eye.jpg

Forum-Banner-EyeDR.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one  Dave .

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I wonder who will be first to translate the binary?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah! That is smart! I got it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this like Hangman where if you get a couple of letters you can guess the rest? I got three and am going with “PHOTOSHOP”.

Good one, Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys.
We could start a trend looking for hidden messages in the banners . The conspiracy theorists will tell us to look at the xxx banner upside down through a red filter ...........

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

The conspiracy theorists will tell us to look at the xxx banner upside down through a red filter ...........

Dave

Conspiracy theorists will look for number 00001001 and play it backwards, Dave.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

48 65 6C 70 21

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been there done that. Below is the first computer I used back in 1968. It was minicomputer and resided in a 6' tall rack.  I worked at Interdata (AKA- Perkin Elmer, Concurrent Computer Corp.) for 20 years designing memory systems. It seems like another lifetime!

Interdata Model 4 Minicomputer_1440 Height.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Excellent Dave, my favorite since the first Banner Challenge, simple & to the point.

The story is in focus.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warunicorn  wrote

What is it they say? "The best camera is the one you have with you."  

You've got that right! On two recent "pleasure" trips with the wife to Italy and Greece I was banned (by wife) from bringing ANY DSLR equipment. I only brought one (1) tiny 20 megapixel Canon PowerShot G9X MKII point-and-shoot camera with raw file output. That coupled with Panorama and HDR Merge allowed me to capture some great memories. I used a small belt mounted case that holds a 2nd memory card and battery, which is a breeze to quickly access and put away. I know many of the shots would have been missed with the larger DSLR equipment and carrying case. It's also a breeze to get through customs and museum security, etc. That said our next "pleasure" trip is to some more US National Parks and the backpack will be filled with DSLR equipment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the deadline ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 15, 2019 is the deadline.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines