• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did the fill tool change recently so you have to uncheck "preserve transparency" in Photoshop?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've noticed that the fill tool no longer works on layers at all unless you uncheck "preserve transparentcy". Is this just me? I've never had to uncheck that for Shift + F5 (fill) to work. But now it no longer workers in both Photoshop 19 and 20. 

Was there a recent update to PS 19 and the new release of 21.0.1 that changed this behavior?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The "Preserve Transparency" option is unchecked by default. Have you tried updating Photoshop to version 21.0.2 and see if it works after that?

Also, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the Photoshop user interface with the Layers panel visible?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. So I guess now it's checked by default and I never noticed that it was always unchecked by default. Thanks for the reply. Here's a screen shot. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 1.13.20 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines