Exit

Difference between Position and Transform- Timeline in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we talk about Timeline panel in Photoshop

what is the difference between Position and Transform

From the things i read i understand that Position is used fa Smart objects and Text layers, whereas Transform is used for rasterized layers.

Is this correct....or i cant read

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikolay,

As you want to know more about Photoshop's Timeline, could you please check this article and see if it helps?

Create timeline animations in Adobe Photoshop

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I already read this and there is no a word about the options Position and Transform

Regards

Nik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nik, you've read correctly about Position and Transform. However, Position is used for every format, it is used to change the position of an object on the Canvas.

And Transform can be used for Transforming Text or Smart Objects to make it bigger or smaller because transforming text or smart objects won't create pixelated effect on the Canvas.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In this case can we say that Transform is used for Smart objects and Text layers, whereas Position is used for rasterized layers.

Is this sound correct to you

Nik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Position can be used for shape layers which are vectors and normal raster layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am confuse

Is there a difference between both of them....or they are the same....or the Transform cant edit raster layers.

Help me

Nik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I read it...

Position is the actual readout of the X/Y measurements of an object or layer; Transform is the process to change those measurements (in this case--Move).

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Q) In Timeline, what is the difference between Position and Transform?
• Transform is used for Smart objects and Text layers, whereas Position is used for rasterized layers,
• Position is used fa Smart objects and Text layers, whereas Transform is used for rasterized layers.
• Position and Transform are the same.
• None of the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines