Highlighted

Different format/layout of P.Shop after new version uploaded a couple of weeks ago

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Has anyone else experienced the above?

Prior to the upload i was asked on screen a 2 choice question .... never been asked this before. I'm not 100% sure re its subject now. Sorry to be so vague. But, i do remember that it said i could change my mind at a later date if i wished to.
Maybe the choice i made resulted in the change to the layout/format? How do i change it?

Again, apologies for being so vague.

Regards,

Peter

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Different format/layout of P.Shop after new version uploaded a couple of weeks ago

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Has anyone else experienced the above?

Prior to the upload i was asked on screen a 2 choice question .... never been asked this before. I'm not 100% sure re its subject now. Sorry to be so vague. But, i do remember that it said i could change my mind at a later date if i wished to.
Maybe the choice i made resulted in the change to the layout/format? How do i change it?

Again, apologies for being so vague.

Regards,

Peter

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layout of panels are stored as Workspaces. Photoshop comes with a few already set up as well as a default. You can easily create your own as well as delete and reset Workspaces. All of this can be done from the Workspace section of the Window menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael,

Many thanks for your reply. I've realised i asked a confusing question now ...... well, it confused me anyway.

My main concern is that after going to ..... Filter - Camera Raw Filter ..... this is where the format has changed. It's just a  format update but i just don't like it. It's not as user friendly. Have you noticed it's change? Can i go back to the previous format?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, got it. The new layout changes within Camera Raw are quite dramatic.

If you prefer to be using the old look, you may need to be using an earlier version of Photoshop. The Adobe Creative Cloud app allows for multiple versions of Photoshop to be simultaneously installed.

You could also explore installing an earlier version of Camera Raw. I haven't tried doing this myself, nor am I recommending it. This page could be a good place to start…
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple potential 2-choice screens you might have seen in the current version of Photoshop.

One asks you if you want to save a Cloud Document that Photoshop iPad can open, or as a regular Photoshop document on local storage.

Photoshop-Your-Computer-or-Cloud-Documents.jpg

The other one is not for Photoshop, but for the new design of Adobe Camera Raw 12.3.

Because you said it was about layout, was it this second one?

Camera-Raw-12.3-Setup.jpg

Either way, if you want to see the screen again, you can either delete or temporarily relocate the preferences file for Photoshop (for the first one) or Camera Raw (for the second one). That will make them think they haven’t been run before, and they’ll offer up all their “first time” screens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Conrad,

Many thanks for your reply.

I didn't know this ...... I'll have a look, thanks.

I've realised i asked a confusing question now ...... well, it confused me anyway.

My main concern is that after going to ..... Filter - Camera Raw Filter ..... this is where the format has changed. It's just a  format update but i just don't like it. It's not as user friendly. Have you noticed it's change? Can i go back to the previous format?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Conrad C LATEST
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, they completely redesigned and updated the UI, in part to be more consistent with similar image editing controls across a number of other desktop and mobile applications, and to be more technically compatible with current operating systems.

There’s an overview in the Camera Raw release notes…

Adobe Camera Raw 12.3 | June 2020

and in Julianne Kosts’s blog post:

Adobe Camera Raw v12.3 – Modernized Interface, Local Hue Editing, ISO Adaptive Presets, and more!

But the user discussions about this are over in the Adobe Camera Raw forum, where many unhappy users are asking the same questions you are.

(Personally I am fine with it, because I use Lightroom a lot, and ACR is now more consistent with that.)

I think the only way to roll back the UI and still use the current version of Photoshop is to download and install Camera Raw 12.2.1. But that can only be a short-term strategy, because you will lock yourself out of all new Camera Raw features and camera/lens support from that point, and there is no guarantee that future versions of Photoshop will let us go back farther than 12.3. A long-term strategy is to study the new UI and its shortcuts, understand what Adobe had in mind, to learn how to be productive with the way it’s designed now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1